Monday, September 22, 2008

Enjoyable Weekend

We had your average, run-of-the-mill weekend, but I really enjoyed it. It's the little things that make your days special, and I'm glad I'm seeing that more, instead of needing to be constantly entertained or doing something "special" to have fun.

In Baby News, we've had a few developments. Not only has Kaylyn been doing a decent job of sitting up, with minimal support from us, but she has finally learned to roll over! Funny thing is, no one saw it. Her sort of first time was several days ago in her crib, wrapped in her tight "burrito" swaddle. She seemed to have come close before, but her arm was always in the way. This time, the swaddle held it against her side. She was crying and complaining, so I checked in and found her on her belly, straining to see back over shoulder, her little face all scrunched up in frustration and her whole body wiggling like a little worm. It was so freaking cute.

I think it was Friday when the same thing happened, only this time she was unbound and on the living room floor. I heard her crying from the office and found her on her belly. She's not the biggest "tummy time" fan. I asked Jenny if that's how she'd laid her down, and she said no. Here it was, her first true roll over, and we weren't even in the room! She's a brat.

Saturday was Dad's birthday, so we enjoyed a big dinner at Los Cabos, where my parents are serious regulars. I'm not complaining. I'm a HUGE fan of Mexican food, literally and figuratively. Afterwards, we enjoyed ice cream and homemade cake back at their house, and we were all treated to Kaylyn's birthday gift for Papa, a couple of legitimate roll overs with big smiles.

Today (Sunday) was nice and laid back, though I was pretty pumped during the Bengals' game. If they'd played like that in weeks 1 and 2, they'd be 2 -1. I hope they learned some things today. Sundays would be more fun if they'd win. Before the game we shared lunch with the Hartleys and Josh Tysinger, which was good because I miss connecting with the folks in the small groups we branched off of. They're good people.

Another work week is right around the corner. Lucky for me I don't usually work on Mondays, which is why I can blog at 1:30 in the morning without a care.

No comments: