Thursday, September 25, 2008

I make it rain!

Eat it, world! I am now officially a tropical storm. And I could become a hurricane, if the East Coast gives me any lip. Check it out!

MIAMI, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Kyle, the 11th of the Atlantic hurricane season, formed on Thursday from a weather system that pounded Puerto Rico and other northern Caribbean islands for days, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

Kyle finally gained tropical storm strength, with sustained winds 45 mph (72 kph), as it moved through the Atlantic Ocean east of the Bahamas, on a path that could take it to a landfall in Maine or Canada's maritime provinces as a minimal Category 1 hurricane.

Here that? A category 1 hurricane. NUMERO UNO! And I'm not the only one excited. Kyles from all over the world are coming together in support of our storm. The original Kyle blogger over there did pose a decent question:
...if a storm shares your name, do you want it to be a behemoth or a weak collection of hot air?
Well, Kyle, if I may answer your question with a question- are you a sissy? This Kyle is rooting for a freaking ginormous titan of a hurricane, something so big, so huge, so nasty and devastating that they have to come up with another category, or a whole new classification; like FEMA-breaker, The 11th Plague, Land Hammer, Rosie O'Donnell, or The Great Flood.

This is the coolest thing ever - keep up with my development live on StormPulse.com.

See what others are saying:
Tropical Storm Kyle is currently aiming for Washington, New York and a few other cities situated on the East Coast. Tropical Storm Kyle has winds of 45 mph, and is expected to rain down on both Carolinas , Boston, New York City, and Long Island.
Let's take a moment to look back over my development from a little depression to the strapping storm I've become.

Here's me as a baby. I looked like a blob.

Here's me in 1996. My, I'm getting bigger!
Here I am now, all grown up and ready to become a hurricane.


This is your official warning. Board up the windows. Buy extra batteries. Check the anchor on your dog's leash. Kyle is about to make landfall.

All other tropical storms must bow before Kyle!

No comments: