Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Blog/Journal/Post/Whatever!

As prolific a journaler and writer I've been in the past, I'm surprised and confused that I've never started a blog before now.

As I type, I'm wondering what goes into the "first post." What obligatory comments are included?

"Well, I just want to keep everyone updated on life."

"I want to explore my thoughts and put them out there for the world."

"I'm hoping to connect with someone like me, so I can have some hope in the world."

That's all silly. As much as I hope someone gets some enjoyment, connection, enlightenment, entertainment, whatever, from anything I put on here, I am doing this for me. It's always been therapeutic and very healthy for me to capture thoughts, to record the processes as I work through various things in my life. But, seeing as how I've gotten so much from others, I guess I do hope it helps someone else.

Really, all I want to do is keep anyone interested updated on my life, explore my thoughts and share them, and connect with others. :)

Ok, we've got that one out of the way.

No comments: